Endura Flap® Kennel Dog Doors
Endura Flap® Kennel Door
|Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension|
|Small||6" w x 11" h||7 1/16" w x 14 1/8" h||9 7/16" w x 16" h|
|6" w x 10" h|
|Medium||8" w x 15" h||9 3/16" w x 18 3/16" h||11 1/2" w x 20" h|
|8" w x 14" h|
|Large||10" w x 19" h||11 3/16" w x 22 3/16" h||13 9/16" w x 24"|
|10" w x 18" h|
|Extra Large||12" w x 23" h||13 5/16" w x 26 1/4" h||15 5/8" w x 28" h|
|12" w x 22" h|
Number of Flaps 1 - Single Flap - on inside of wall (same side as locking cover) 2 - Double Flap - one on each side. The included dead-air-space and extra flap add significantly to the already considerable insulation and sealing values.
Need a replacement flap? Endura Flap Replacements
“It’s all about the flap!” This Kennel Dog Door combines all the features of the award winning Endura Flap® with a beefy metal frame. It is identical to the Endura Flap® single flap version for doors, except that parts not normally needed for a kennel application have been excluded:
- The external trim frame
- Installation hardware
- Weather stripping
- Decorative hole plugs to hide the screw heads
- The locking cover assembly (kennels normally use a separate "guillotine" type locking mechanism). However, a locking cover may be added if desired
Every year, animals are harmed by rigid flaps. The typical situation is that the pet is partway out the pet door, is startled by something and jerks back suddenly. The pinching effect of a rigid flap in that case can be terrifying and cause the pet to pull back even harder.
It was for this reason that the first design requirement of the Endura Flap was that the flap be flexible and safe for any pet and for any child who should happen to crawl through!
Of course there is a trade-off here. Rigid flaps can be more chew-resistant than flexible flaps. If chewing of the flap is expected, it is best to take some preventative measures. One of the best is to mix some Habanera pepper with Vaseline; and smear this mixture on the edge of the flap. Be careful not to allow any of this mixture in the dogs eyes!
Secondly, if a guillotine door is placed on the inside of the run and the dogs are kept inside when that unit is closed, then the dog cannot get to the flap to chew it.
We suggest you read the complete story behind the Endura Flap® and for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
Some additional notes:
- The Endura Flap® Kennel door is intended to be installed in either a solid core wood door or in a wall that has already been personally framed out. If you wish to install the Endura Flap® kennel door in a hollow core door, you'll need to frame out the hollow core door first. Alternatively, you can use a regular Endura Flap® pet door for doors which is "self-framing" though more expensive.
- If you wish to install the Endura Flap® Kennel Door in a wall and don't want to frame the wall yourself, you can purchase the Endura Flap® dog door for walls in either single or double flap versions.
- It has been our experience that the Endura Flap® seals so well that the single flap model will meet most needs even in areas that experience four seasons. However, for really extreme weather, the door mount version and the wall mount version are both available in double flap models.
- There is a significant difference between the rough cut out of the Endura Flap® Kennel version and the regular Endura Flap® for doors. The regular door mount cut out is larger to allow the bolts to fasten directly to the trim frame. The kennel version is smaller as we intend wood screws (not included) to be used to fasten the frame directly to the door or wall. The kennel door itself should be used as a template or use the rough cutout dimensions given below.
Design of the Endura Flap®
Variable Magnetic Resistance
The Leaf Blower Test
Endura Flap Pet Door Warranty
To the original purchaser, Endura Flap Pet Doors warrants this product and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 15 years from the date of delivery to the customer.
Endura Flap assemblies employed in commercial kennels are warranted for a period of 3 years.
Damage caused by accident, improper installation, abuse or normal wear, including damage by pets or glass breakage is specifically excluded from this warranty. Defective materials returned to Endura Flap Pet Doors together with proof of purchase, will be repaired or replaced and returned to the customer free of charge.
|Priced in Cases of Two Units Only|
|Rough Cut Out||Outside Frame Dimension||Flap Type||Stock No./ Model No.|
|Small||6" w x 11" h||7 1/16" w x 14 1/8" h||9 7/16" w x 16" h||Single||03PPK06/
|Medium||8" w x 15" h||9 3/16" w x 18 3/16" h||11 1/2" w x 20" h||Single||03PPK08/
|Large||10" w x 19" h||11 3/16" w x 22 3/16" h||13 9/16" w x 24"||Single||03PPK10/
|Extra Large||12" w x 23" h||13 5/16" w x 26 1/4" h||15 5/8" w x 28" h||Single||03PPK12/
5+ cases: 5% discount
20+ cases: 10% discount
The Endura Flap™ Kennel Door
Congratulations on your purchase of one of the finest pet doors ever made, featuring the exclusive Endura Flap™
To determine the area that will be needed to accommodate the door, measure the dimensions of the extended section on the back of the unit . This section of the door will be fitted into the wall. Use screws (not included) to attach the outside frame.
The frame insures a tight seal and secures the door to the wall.
Note Don’t forget to use a level.
For installation help, replacement flaps and parts or other quality door pet products,
or call 800-826-2871
Endura Flap™ | U.S. Pat. No. 7,814,956 | Pat. Pending