Pet Door Guys - "In The Glass"
The Pet Door Guys System is a method of installing a dog door directly through the dual-pane glass of your sliding glass door!
- Install a pet door directly into the glass of your glass door including sliding glass doors and french doors
- Maintain full use of sliding doors and the security of using your existing lock
- Five steps: Hire a local glass company to measure, place order on site, complete form with custom dimensions, glass piece ships, glazier replaces old glass with new one
- Energy efficient flap that is also safe and comfortable for pets
- This product is a final sale, so no returns are accepted
|Glass Size||Pet Flap Size||Flap Dimension||Stock No|
"Standard" Size Glass - Less than 34" x 76"
|Small||6" w x 11" h||O2DDPS|
|Medium||8" w x 15" h|
|Large||10" w x 19" h|
|Extra Large||12" w x 23" h|
Oversized Glass - Up to 46" x 92" (must ship to glass company, no residential delivery)
|Small||6"w x 11"h||O2DDPO|
|Medium||8"w x 15"h|
|Large||10"w x 19"h|
|XLarge||12"w x 23"h|
Popular Features Include...
- Installing a pet door directly into the glass of your sliding glass door gives you a cleaner look with the security of your existing lock or security system
- The dual pane glass combined with the insulating Endura Flap will give you superior insulation to save on energy costs
- Each glass unit is Custom fabricated to fit your individual situation
- 4 different sizes and variable magnet strength to fit cats to large dogs
- Option to select clear glass or LoE glass options for increased insulation
How to Order:
Check out which of the installation options fit your needs (see the Placement Guide for more information)
2 panel slider: Installation in either side of the inside track panel. When using the center-post side, it's important to ensure that the screen will not interfere with the action of the pet door flap.
3 panel slider: Installation may be in either side of inside track slider or jamb side of 3rd panel. The same concern applies to the screen as above.
4 panel slider: Installation may be on either side of either inside track panel
Review Measure Your Pet, Sizing Suggestions, and Adding Step-Over to choose the approximate flap dimensions for your pet. Make sure to take into account the additional 3 ¾” step over height in addition to your existing frame
1. Contact a local glass shop (glazier) willing to help you with measurements and installation. The glazier would disassemble your sliding glass door, take the measurements of the height, width, and thickness of your door, and then reinstall your glass slider. They would then fill in the detailed portion of the Order Form adding any additional options like LoE. Make sure you have them also review our Detailed Information Page
2. Purchase your product. Glazier charges are not included so you would set up payment of installation and measuring direcly through the glass company
3. Email us the order form.
4. The manufacturer will then custom-build a new piece of glass with a pet door in the specified lower corner. We will then ship the finished unit to your glass shop.
5. At your convenience, the glazier will return to your home, uninstall your current glass and replace it with the new glass containing the pet door
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-826-2871
- All orders are final sale, non-returnable
- Allow 3-4 weeks plus transit time for delivery
- You are responsible for payment to the glass shop for the measurement and installation. This cost can range from about $120-$200.
- The vinyl framing is available in white or beige and that's what you're choosing in the drop down product select. The pet door framing comes only in white.
- We would use your existing frame but replace your glass with a new piece of glass with a pet door installed
- You can get an approximation of your actual glass size right now by measuring the "daylight" dimension (just what you can see) and adding 3/4" in both dimensions.
- Manufactured near sea level. If you live in a higher elevation (above 2000 feet), capillary tubes can be installed. We recommend that you consult with a glazier. Please let us know if you need these to be added.
Endura Flap Pet Door Warranty
To the original purchaser, Endura Flap Pet Doors warrants the pet door assembly and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 15 years from the date of delivery to the customer.
Endura Flap assemblies assemblies employed in commercial kennels are warranted for a period of 3 years.
Damage caused by accident, improper installation, abuse or normal wear, including damage by pets or glass breakage is specifically excluded from this warranty. Defective materials returned to Endura Flap Pet Doors together with proof of purchase, will be repaired or replaced and returned to the customer free of charge.
Pet Door Guys Limited Warranty
Guarantees it will repair or replace any Pet Door Guys glass product which is found to be defective in material or workmanship and will pay the costs of repair or replacement to the original owner for a period of 10 years. Insulated glass is warranted for life against seal failure. The flap assembly is warranted by the manufacturer, Patio Pacific, for a period of 15 years.
This warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
This guarantee is offered only to the original owners of single family homes who purchase a Pet Door Guys product in the United States. It is not transferable and terminates upon sale of the home and does not apply to re-installation at a second location.
The warranty does not extend to commercial applications.
Pet Door Guys is not responsible for glass breakage, failure due to misuse, applied tints or films, any customer alterations to the product including painting, improper installation or acts of nature including fire, flood or earthquake. Pet Door Guys is not responsible for natural weathering of exterior finishes or corrosion in highly corrosive environments.
Pet Door Guys is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage beyond our control. Pet door openings imply some risk. No guarantee is offered or implied regarding suitability or security against intrusion or unwanted entry or exit.
What is an "In the Glass" Pet Door?
Design of the Endura Flap®